Thursday, September 23, 2010

“Two Kinds” In the Shoes of a Prodigy


Every rule in my family and my culture has to be followed. If I was pressured into doing things that I didn't want to do all the time I would be very angry but then I know I can't do anything about because we have to respect our elders and do what they say. It is our custom to follow what they say. We have to ask their approval for everything we do. If an elder told my parents that I had did something wrong I would be punished. In my culture the daughter always has to represent their family and how they honored. I wish that I could have her courage to tell them I don't want to do something but I can't because I would be punished. I would have to listen to them even if I didn't like what they were making me do, I had to follow it and not complain about it because it would make me seem ungrateful. If they offer me something I would have to take it and not push it away because it would be rude. I could not do what Jing-mei did because it would make my family look like we had no respect and our family would be dishonored. (By the way this is a picture of my mom when she was young)

1 comment:

  1. Chanda, enable comments! See me when you get a chance so we can fix that. Remember to look over your work. There are a few run-ons here and there.

    ReplyDelete