Friday, October 8, 2010

My Sister`s Post[S] On Her Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sweet Dreams.

Michael finally fell asleep with his arms laid out and his mouth slightly opened.

Most of my days are surround by his endless need for me to sing to him and cater to him.
It’s exhausting, but if you were me exhausting isn’t a bad thing.
I truly enjoy every diaper change, every fussing, and kicking I get from my little monster.

See, I knew what I was getting myself into, but after all the books I’ve read and articles and questions that has been answered, nothing prepared me for this.

Every night after he falls asleep I sit there dazzled and in awe by this remarkable gift. He is truly the epitome of our (my husband and I) love. I never knew I could love someone this much.

There is no need for anyone to tell me “sweet dreams” because I don’t think any dream could make this moment any sweeter than it is right now. (:

Goodnight and to those who are still dreaming, I hope one day those sweet dreams will be as sweet as the nights you’ve been waiting for.

-S
My little monster fast asleep.


Monday, September 27, 2010

Home Sweet Home.

I miss home.

And when I say home I mean the smell of my mom’s cooking in the late afternoon when she just got home from work and the loud Cambodian karaoke music blasting from the television set.

It’s been too long since I’ve moved out. It was so easy then wanting to spread my wings and fly away, but now, now I really miss the innocent carefree teenage life. I even miss the noisy neighbors where everyone who knows anyone gossips.

I just miss my mom period.

We talk once a week, but its been so long since I’ve actually seen her. I miss how she’d try to give me advice on boys and the way she would try and push my buttons and giving me lectures on who I am. Psh, like she really knows, haha.

But in the end, I do miss home.

-S

Friday, October 8, 2010

Random.

It’s been a while since I’ve updated this blog.

I’ve been staring at this empty document for a while now, not knowing what I should write. There’s so many things on my mind, but I don’t want to overflow this page with random thoughts.

I’ll try to make this short as possible.

Winter is near. I can almost feel the cold winter breeze against my skin like last year. But this year will be different. I won’t be waking up in his arms and I won’t be standing at my window drinking hot chocolate while watching the snow fall on his face as he shovel the snow from our sidewalk.

It will be another white Christmas, but some where far away it’s just another sand storm that wait for them in the morning.

The only thing that makes this enduring is the one laying beside me with his bottle in his mouth.

As fast as winter comes, spring will be near. And when spring comes, I will be waiting for his return.

-S

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute Chanda! I miss my family too so I know how you feel, especially my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. That was so cute. I wonder if it is true or not. But nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chanda I love your nephew he is is the cutest thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story is sweet and caring like you.

    ReplyDelete