Wednesday, October 27, 2010

“’Typhoid Fever’– Present Tense Childhood Memory.”


I am 7 years old and it is a Saturday morning. I am walking with my grandpa around the neighborhood looking for cans to make money. My grandpa asked, “Why do you always wake up so early to come with me”? I said, “I like spending time with you”. We are both walking to a huge green sticky garbage can, there is cans, plastic bottles, and glass bottles on the ground. I jump and jump and couldn`t see inside the trashcan. my grandpa looked in and said, “There`s a lot of cans on one side; and trash is on the other side, isn`t that a little weird”? I think to myself, “hmmm that's weird, it`s like someone did it for us”. Reaching in with the picker-upper and moving things around. My grandpa was reaching for a can below and couldn`t see, all of a sudden a man`s voice yells; “Hey! What are you doing?!”. My grandpa and I step back. There he was, a homeless guy sleeping in a trashcan. He just stared at us and said, “You pinch me”. I laughed. My grandpa didn`t understand what the homeless guy was saying, I then translate. My grandpas ask me to ask him if he wants those cans, and the homeless guy said, “Oh, no. I am fine, I don`t want it”. My grandpa apologizes and we said goodbye. Walking up the hill on our way back home, we laugh and laugh.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha that's hilarious! I can't believe he was sleeping in a trash can! That's also really gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it would be more funny if I was actually there, but great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that was funny. That is good that you and your grandma had a good relationship. I bet the pinch did hurt him, but I would be laughing to. Well not in front of him. Maybe on my way back home or something. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was funny. I would be laughing too if I were there. Nice to know you and your grandma have a good relationship. Nice job, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's actually pretty nice for your granpa to offer him his cans. I once gave a homeless guy my capri sun. I was really thirsty but who knew when the last time he had something to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how cute, do u still see your grandpa?

    ReplyDelete
  7. See me so we can fix your comment visibility.

    ReplyDelete