Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Only One


The connection to “You want a social life, with friends” by Kenneth Koch, and to Contents of The Dead Man’s Pocket” by Jack Finney has a connection in choosing the right things. Like, choosing friends, love, or work. In “You want a social life, with Friends”, he could not just have all three things, “But never may have three”, said in the poem by Kenneth Koch. Either you have love, friends, or work. At the end if you pick something like work, doesn`t give you friends, love, and just the things you want; because at the end he barely had anything. The poem, “You want a social life, with friends”, has a huge connection to the story, “ Contents of The Dead Man’s Pocket”. The connection from “Contents of The Dead Man`s Pocket” shows that he could just not have three things and try to work it out. After all in the book the mans name Tom, regret spending time with his wife and chose work over her. Later, Tom realized that he could only have one and it was to spend it with love. The theme of both stories are that you can`t have just all of the things you want, and you should have one thing that makes life worth living for. The theme connects to my life as in that I honestly know that I can`t have everything in life to make me happy. I know that one thing can keep me happy and that is love from my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment