Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend Narrative- Happy Birthday Mom

On August 7, 2010, I woke up early excited to call my mom to say happy birthday, it was 7:30 A.M. yet my mother did not pick up. I decided to call a little later, yet no answer. I sat there near the phone super impatient, all a sudden the phone rings. I pick up and said, Hello. It was my sister calling from Germany, I was super excited to hear from her but I was worried about my mom. My sister, Sammie said my mother is at work. I felt relieved then. I talked to my sister for a long time until my mother called back. I told her happy birthday, I felt mad at the same time because she was talking about my brother not calling “his own mother”, just to say happy birthday. I called him and cursed at him, he just listened and didn`t say a thing so I hung up. I had mixed emotions about my brother and my mom, I just wish he would grow up. I kept wondering if she`s just putting on a happy voice to keep me happy, I love her to death.

1 comment:

  1. "Love her to death"? Hm, that's a strange idiom. It sounds like your weekend was frustrating.

    ReplyDelete